Instant Pot Chicken Date Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 knob ginger
- 5 dried dates
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Water (just enough to go halfway up the chicken)
- Put the chicken in the instant pot and tuck the dried dates around it. Sprinkle the salt on.
- Get the skin off the knob of ginger, and then cut into about 1-inch slices. It's fine if they're thicker, but you don't want them too thin. Add the ginger into the pot.
- Add enough water that it goes about halfway up the chicken, but don't cover it completely.
- Put your lid back on, lock it in, and move the vent so it's closed. On Manual, set it to 30 minutes High Pressure.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, do a Natural Pressure Release, aka don't touch it until the silver valve goes down! After that, skim the oil and scum off the top and enjoy your tender and delicious chicken date soup 🤤