Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookies
Sometimes you get a craving for something sweet, and sometimes you want it to be colorful AF. This recipe fits the bill on both counts! I found it on Pinterest from Sally's Baking Addiction and tweaked it a bit to fit my own tastes. The original was a little too sweet for me so I did a second version with cocoa powder that made it a little more rich and fudgey 👌🏼
For Sally's original cake batter cookies, go to this link. For mine, keep reading!
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Mix together the flour, cake mix, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- Mix the sugars and softened butter until it's well mixed and looking fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well mixed and then start adding your bowl of dry ingredients.
- Once your cookie dough is pretty well mixed, add the chocolate chips and sprinkles at a low speed.
- Cover your bowl and put it in the fridge for at least an hour, but do 2 hours if you have the time.
- After your dough is done chilling, preheat your oven to 365 (Sally's recipe calls for 350 but I like a crispier edge on my cookies).
- When scooping your dough out to go on your baking sheet, form them so they are taller and not just a round ball. If you want them to look pretty and chock full of chocolate when they come out, take some chips and press them into the top of your cookie towers.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The cookies will be soft when they come out, but as they cool they will "harden."
- After the cookies come out, you can add more chocolate chips on top!