Homemade Tuna Poke
- Tuna (sushi grade or as fresh as you can get)
- Onion (diced)
- Scallions (diced)
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Ground ginger
- Sesame seeds
- First, dice up your onion and scaliions (cut the scallions thinly and save some for garnish).
- Cut up your tuna into smaller bite sized chunks and set aside.
- Create the marinade by mixing together the soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper flakes, and ground ginger. You’re going to want about a 2:1 ratio with the liquids.
- Add in the tuna and vegetables, and mix it all together!
- While you let this sit and marinate for a bit, cook up some rice for sushi rice and to eat with your tuna if you want. As you can see, I ate my poke with sushi rice, avocado, and topped with sesame seeds and scallions, yum!