Garlic and Roast Chicken Noodles
Guys, I have discovered a new love...rotisserie chicken. How did I not know how cheap this stuff was?? At the local market (Lucky's), I can get a roast chicken for about FIVE DOLLARS. What. the. hell.
Now, one chicken is a lot for one person, so I had to get creative with how to use it. Of course, I could just eat the whole thing bit by bit, but I decided to step up my game with these buttery, garlic noodles.
UPDATE: I just learned that what I made was basically spaghetti e olio, so I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with this randomly XD
- Minced garlic (I used a zester to zest about 10-15 cloves of fresh garlic)
- 1/3 cup butter
- Spaghetti (I used about half a box, so maybe 1-2 fists of pasta)
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Red pepper flakes
- First, salt a pot of boiling water and cook your pasta to your liking, I like mine a little chewy but not exactly al dente.
- In a saucepan, melt your butter and throw in the garlic. Mix at a low heat and make sure you don't burn your garlic!
- As it starts to get fragrant, add in your chopped parsley. I chose to leave a little to the side to use as garnish.
- Add your spaghetti to the butter sauce and use tongs to toss so the noodles get covered in the garlic and butter. In a big mixing bowl or serving bowl, toss your noodles with the roasted chicken and parmesan.
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste, and sprinkle some more chopped parsley and parmesan on top after taking a serving out!