Skillet Breakfast Pizza
Sometimes you wake up on a Saturday morning and you're like, fuck, I want a pizza. Even if that doesn't happen, breakfast pizzas are the bomb and I want to start making more of them! This skillet pizza takes about 20-25 minutes to make—baking time INCLUDED. Keep reading, friends.
- Pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's garlic herb dough)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- A sprinkling of any other cheese (I used a swiss and gruyere mix from the store)
- Garlic salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- I used a small cast iron skillet so this was definitely personal pizza size rather than sharing size. I guess you could split it with another person if you're feeling generous... Preheat your oven to whatever your dough's instructions say—the Trader Joe's version is about 450 degrees. Take half of your pre-made dough, roll it out or use your fingers to push it out into a pizza-like shape. Spray your cooking spray into the skillet to prevent any sticking and set the dough inside!
- Now, put whatever toppings you want! I was trying to go through whatever was in my fridge and throwing it on top of the pizza, so it luckily still tasted great. First, I spread my pesto, then added half of my cheeses, then the spinach, then more cheese.
- After adding all of it, I made a little well in the center and cracked an egg into it. Sprinkle cracked black pepper, garlic salt, and the red pepper flakes on top. If you're feeling really fancy, try adding in oregano and thyme for some extra flavor!
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust has gotten golden brown and the egg has cooked a little bit. I like my yolk a little runny so I made sure to take it out before it cooked too much.
- Sprinkle some more cheese on top if you'd like, but at this point it's ready to go!