Steak Quinoa Bowl
Not too much to explain about this one! I made a Mexi-Cali steak bowl because I was hungry and had a steak sitting in the fridge. It was actually really quick to put together and was delicious! I ate it while watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it was a great night 😂
- Rib eye steak
- Chicken/beef broth
- Cooking oil
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Mix together your spices from cumin to pepper to make your marinade/dry rub. I used about 1 tsp of salt and black pepper but I sprinkled some at the end too. Slice up your steak into chunks and mix with the spices.
- Follow the directions for making your quinoa! This is generally 1 cup liquid to 1/2 cup quinoa and I sprinkle some salt into the water if I'm using that instead of store bought broth.
- Slice half a yellow onion and take some cooking oil, put it into a hot pan, and cook the onions until soft.
- Add the steak to the pan and then cook the steak until it's how you like it! When that's cooked, add the spinach until it's wilted.
- When the quinoa is done, I made my bowl by layering quinoa, then steak and veggies, then avocado, then salsa, then the cheese. Sprinkle a bit of salt and crack black pepper on top. Enjoy!