Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
I really wanted some chicken and dumplings one day (mostly because I wanted soup), but all the recipes I saw had stuff that I didn’t have in my kitchen so I made this one up! First, I made the biscuits and set the dough in the fridge so it wouldn’t fall apart.
The biscuits had flour, butter, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Any simple biscuit recipe you find online should work for this!
- Chicken thighs (about 2-3 depending on size)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 can chicken stock
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sear the chicken in a pan really quick until nice and golden brown, and then stick them in the slow cooker.
- Add a can of chicken stock and some salt, pepper, and water. I added enough to make sure the chicken was covered and then added frozen peas and fresh carrots that I diced up.
- After this mix is cooking up a little bit, whisk in some flour to thicken up the soup.
- Once an hour is left (I put the slow cooker at about 6 hours on Low), spoon in the biscuit dough and covered the pot again to let everything cook.
Once it’s all done, enjoy! This is a super hearty dish and, after making a batch in a slow cooker, I had enough for a couple of days.