Soyrizo and Veggie Breakfast Tostada
- 1/4 cup corn (I just used frozen corn kernels from the store)
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup tomato (sliced heirloom grape tomatoes in this one)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- Milk (a splash or more depending on how you like your eggs)
- 1/2 avocado
- Wheat tortilla
- Coconut oil
- First, if you don’t have cooked black beans, you need to soak those overnight and then boil them for a good 20-30 minutes until they’re soft and edible.
- Chop up the vegetables and start sautéing in a pan with coconut oil.
- Add the soyrizo and more spinach if you want, and then add the beans.
- Beat the eggs with some milk and add it to the pan with everything else. Scramble away and make sure your tortilla bowl is ready to go.
- Turn the heat off and cut up some avocado.
- Spoon everything into your bowl and add the avocado! If you have cilantro and any kind of cheese, add it!
Optional: Cilantro if you have it and any kind of cheese. I only had mozzarella so I just used tha
A trick to make a tostada bowl out of a regular tortilla: get a muffin pan, flip it over, and stick the tortilla in the groove at the corner of four muffin sections. Once the tortilla is situated, the muffin holes push the edges up into a mini bowl!
Bake this in the oven and then take it out, and once it has cooled it will maintain the bowl shape.