Bacon-Wrapped Zucchini Sticks
Feeling super blessed because I got to eat so much bacon these last few weeks! Thanks to the kind folks at Farmer John, I got a cooler full of bacon to try new recipes with. I love bacon with my eggs, but I wanted to try something different. That's how these bacon-wrapped zucchini sticks came about, and they're pretty delicious bite-sized apps!
I think next time I would try a Millionaire's bacon version by candying the bacon in the oven 🤤
- 1 zucchini
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the outside of the zucchini and dry off with a paper towel. Cut it in half and then slice each half into thick strips.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap each zucchini stick before placing on the sheet with the end of the bacon on the sheet just so it all stays on instead of sliding off.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on each before putting the sheet in the oven.
- After about 15 minutes or until the top is looking brown and cooked, take some tongs and flip each stick over so the other side can brown and crisp up. Keep an eye on it but this took about another 10 minutes in my oven!
- After the sticks are done cooking—the bacon will be brown and crispy while the zucchini has softened, take them out to cool.
I made a quick sauce with mayonnaise and Sriracha, and then just dipped these sticks in and ate them!