Mixed Berry Galette
Making galettes is SUPER easy, and, now that I have a foolproof pie dough recipe, I’ll definitely be making them more frequently! This mixed berry galette used Williams-Sonoma’s pie dough recipe (x). Keep reading for directions!
Mixed Berry Filling
- 1.5 cup frozen mixed berries (you can use fresh but I was lazy)
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice (add a tablespoon first and then add more to taste)
- 2 tbsp sugar (add more if your filling doesn’t taste sweet enough for you)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Mix this all together and let it sit for 10 minutes if your berries haven’t completely thawed and also so all the flavors fully meld.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out your pie dough into a circle (this doesn’t have to be a perfect circle). You can do one big galette or two smaller ones depending on how much dough you have and how big your baking tray is.
- Roll out parchment paper on your baking tray and then put the rolled out dough on top. Spoon your filling into the middle and then bring the edges up and over. Just go around the filling and lightly press the dough down to set!
- Make an egg wash by whisking an egg with some cold water. Get a brush and brush the wash over the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.