Spiced Chickpeas and Pulled Pork
I like chickpeas but I never know what to do with them when I have a can in my kitchen. I always get a can with the intention to make hummus...and, of course, THAT never happens. This time around, I had a bunch of pulled pork left over from my Christmas dinner that I had vacuum-sealed and threw in the freezer.
Pork + chickpeas? Donezo.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Splash of olive oil (enough to coat the chickpeas for roasting)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, throw in all your ingredients and then toss. Feel free to add more cayenne or chili powder if you like a little more spice!
- Roast on parchment paper and pan for maybe 10 minutes before tossing with a spoon or spatula and putting the pan back in the oven.
- The chickpeas are done when they've browned and are slightly crispy. Be careful to not leave them in the oven for too long or they'll get dry and gross!
I ate my chickpeas with some baby spinach and my pulled pork, but you could eat them as just a snack!